Monday, December 10, 2007
Wow, that was longer than I thought.
I'm bored. I'm going to miss work after this Saturday. For those of you that didn't know, I'm quitting. I jumped headlong into it before ever praying about it and i don't think it's what God has in the cards for my life right now. I'm going to miss it very much. I like work. I've talked to Mr. Carl about it. He's the one that gave me the job in the first place. And he said that if it wasn't what God wanted for me then he in no way wants to hinder that. Now something i just realized, My life isn't quite as amazing as i thought it was. The mother of my first best friend, and as such my second mom, has been diagnosed with breast cancer. When i found out i nearly burst into tears right then and there. I love her. with everything that is inside of me. she's amazing. Why does it seem as though all the people that I know that get cancer are the ones that show Jesus in their life more than virtually everyone else I know? About six years ago, the greatest person of faith I have ever met, was diagnosed with cancer. She was given six months to live. But her cancer went away. It was a miracle. She had so much faith during that year, before her cancer went away. Me and my family went up there everyday to help her with her kids. Two of them became like brothers to me. After her cancer went away though we didn't come up there as much because she didn't really need our help anymore. Although last year she died. Of a stroke. It took such a toll on her family and mine. It was the saddest I have ever been. Even to this day. I miss her. and now i don't want this other woman i know to die. I know that everything will work out how God wants. He has a lesson for everyone through all of this. He always does, right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey Corey! I'm sorry to hear about your friend's mom having cancer. :( We'll pray for God's healing.
I'm excited to see that you have a blog!
Come to our blog and tell us your elf, hobbit, ninja, and pirate names :) www.meetthebakers.com
Post a Comment